Help with formula

normpam

PRODUCT Dose
Flouroracil 4100
Flouroracil 400

There is another list which I have sorted by product (alphabetical ascending) and dose (in descending order)

PRODUCT
Flouroracil 2500
Flouroracil 1000
Flouroracil 500

Problem is to find each product from the first list and bring over the closest 'higher' amount for each product. If the second list only had two dose quantities, a simple VLookup works fine. But in this case, if I use a VLookup on the third item from the first list, and say that if the dose qty is less than the VLookup result, it will return 2500, when I need it to return 500. Does this make any sense?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Unfortunately, it does not make sense. "...if I use a VLookup on the third item from the first list..." when the first list in your example (PRODUCT DOSE) only contains two items.

Try providing several examples (slightly longer lists) and the expected results - as well as WHY those are the expected results. If you can, download the XL2BB add-in so you can easily grab cell ranges along with their formulas and post it to the forum. (Link is in reply message header.)

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it does not make sense. "...if I use a VLookup on the third item from the first list..." when the first list in your example (PRODUCT DOSE) only contains two items.

Try providing several examples (slightly longer lists) and the expected results - as well as WHY those are the expected results. If you can, download the XL2BB add-in so you can easily grab cell ranges along with their formulas and post it to the forum. (Link is in reply message header.)
How do I upload a file?

Upvote 0
I think you can upload images, but those usually aren't very helpful, especially if folks here need to manually create your layout/data in their own workbook to test solutions. Best option is to download and use the XL2BB add-in, which you can get via the link in the Reply box (right end of the icons, after XLS, VBA, M, SQL, etc...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyDarR

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back