help with motorsport event results spreadsheet

NoelD

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a motorsport results spreadsheet and I have two parts to the analysis. Each class gets an FTD [ Fastest Time of Day ] and that winner cannot get the class award. So they are eliminated and the remaining finishers in the class move up a position. I have the formulas working as long as there is a result in the class column cell. if there is no result, I get a value error as per the attached spreadsheet. how can I best achieve what is required and eliminate the error?

AUTOCROSS RESULTS SPREADSHEET =IF(X13=1, "",X13-1)
xyzaaabac ad aeafagahaiajalamanaoapaqarasatauavawax
CLASS 1CLASS 2CLASS 3CLASS 4CLASS 5CLASS 6CLASS 7CLASS 8CLASS 9CLASS 10CLASS 11CLASS 12CLASS 13CLASS 1CLASS 2CLASS 3CLASS 4CLASS 5CLASS 6CLASS 7CLASS 8CLASS 9CLASS 10CLASS 11CLASS 12CLASS 13
CLASS FTDFINISHER POSITIONS
21#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
1#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
32#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
43#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
54#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
1#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
2#VALUE!#VALUE!1#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
3#VALUE!#VALUE!2#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
4#VALUE!#VALUE!3#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
5#VALUE!#VALUE!4#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
6#VALUE!#VALUE!5#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!
7#VALUE!#VALUE!6#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!#VALUE!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi NoelD,

Have you try this?
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF(X13=1, "",X13-1),"")

Hope this helped.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Another option
Excel Formula:
=IF(or(X13=1,X13=""), "",X13-1)

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a further dilemma, in the spreadsheet below. I want to find the Group FTD [ col AB for Class 1 to Class 4 and this has to be repeated over other groups of classes but the overall winner, although first in class, is precluded from winning the class FTD [ Fastest time of Day ] Car 22 finished second in Class 1, so he should get the FTD.....just need a formula for it.

Any help would be fantastic

Noel

1715029076348.png

Upvote 0
As this is a significantly different question, it needs a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 1
Thank you for the reply. I have posted a new thread now.

Noel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back