Help with Query, either VBA or Regular

Montez659

Hello again. I am working right now on generating a report but I am unsure of how to do it. Essentially, I am wanting to cycle through a query that I have already built to find the names of the reps (varies as to the amount) and then show the record info associated with that rep. That much I can do and I know can be done with a standard report.

What I don't know how to do is to count the number of incorrect "files" associated with each rep and summarize these numbers on a report. Some of the info that is in the db is ID, RepName, Errors (checkbox), and DateAudited. Of course, this is simplified but hopefully will help you help me. This sounds like something that should be done through a standard query, but i don't know how to "filter" the info further with a variable number of names.

Any help is, as always, much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Detailed examples of your data layout and expected results would be most helpful. Without knowing more details of what you data looks like, and what exactly you are trying to get out of it, it is difficult to really provide any in-depth guidance.

However, it looks like that you may be wanting to present different bits of information about sales rep on one report, and are having a hard time getting it all out of one query. Does that sound right?

If so, take a look at creating sub-reports (see Access built-in help for details). You would create a new query to extract what you want, create a new report based on that query, and then imbed this report into your "main" report, joining on linking fields. There is a Subreport Wizard in Access that should help you along with that part.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back