Help with tracking changes that happen within an excel spreadsheet

esherwood

I would like to find a way (either through a macro, formula, or setting in excel) that will allow me to track changes that happen within a spreadsheet. I need to track who did it, when it happened, and what they changed. I need to track all changes that happen in the spreadsheet over any given period of time, therefore I need to track multiple updates and/or changes to the document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
In Excel 2003 there's a "Track Changes" menu item on the Tools menu. In Excel 2007 and 2010 that item is on the "Review" menu. The functionality may not meet all your requirements, but may be worth a look.

Upvote 0
Didn't know this existed, however this option doesn't leave a record of any changes that have been made by various users (if the spreadsheet is saved and closed, all changes become permanent and are forgotten that they were changed). I need to know who has made changes (various people) even if the spreadsheet has been saved and reopened by another person.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back