Registration tracking sheet

JPL

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there, new to the site and I really need some help. I've tried by my self (and with online resources) with no luck.

I have a file called online class registration. The first sheet is called DATA and, every Monday, I will paste into it data from a static excel report from a MS Form. The data includes registration information from people looking for English classes. I have a second sheet called registration tracking in which I have used a formula to copy key information from the data sheet, such as Name (Column A), Email (Column B), Phone number (Column C) and level of English (Column D). Column E is called Assignment, in which I have set up a drop down menu through data validation. The options are ‘Waiting list’, ‘Beginner’, Intermediate’, ‘Advanced’ and ‘Deregistered’. For each of the menu options, there is a corresponding sheet with the same name.

What I want to happen is, when I select an option from the drop down menu in the ‘Registration tracking’ sheet column E (e.g. ‘Waiting list’) , I want the data from Columns A-D on the same sheet to be duplicated in the next empty row in the corresponding sheet. So for example, when I select ‘Waiting List’ in E2 of Registration tracking, the data in A2-D2 will appear in A2-D2 of the Waiting List sheet, whilst also remaining unchanged in ‘Registration Tracking’. If I then select ‘Waiting List’ in E10 of Registration tracking, the data in A10-D10 will appear in A3-D3 of the Waiting List sheet (assuming they are the next available empty cells).

I want the data to stay in the registration tracking sheet after I select an option from the drop down menu. If I then change the drop down menu from ‘Waiting list’ to ‘Beginner’, I want their data to appear in the beginner sheet, remain in the registration tracking, and also be removed from the waiting list. All existing data below the deleted data in ‘Waiting list’ will then move up one row to remove the empty row.

Thank you in advance to anyonw who answers :)

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
As you've suggested in your posting, a VBA solution could do this, while a formula based approach would be problematic, as it wouldn't be able to remove a re-classified entry from an existing worksheet. But have you considered not using separate worksheets for each of the column E items? Since you want a current consolidated list for each column E item, you could turn on autofilter and use the column heading filter to create the consolidated list directly from your class registration worksheet...no additional worksheets, formulas, or VBA code are necessary.
Book5
ABCDE
1NameEmailPhoneLevel of EnglishAssignment
2name1email1phone10Beginner
3name2email2phone21Intermediate
4name3email3phone31Intermediate
5name4email4phone42Advanced
6name5email5phone51Beginner
7name6email6phone63Advanced
8name7email7phone71Deregistered
Sheet2
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
E2:E8ListWaiting list,Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced,Deregistered

with Beginner chosen in filter heading:
Book5
ABCDE
Sheet2
CellAllowCriteria

Last edited:
Reactions: JPL
Upvote 1
Solution
As you've suggested in your posting, a VBA solution could do this, while a formula based approach would be problematic, as it wouldn't be able to remove a re-classified entry from an existing worksheet. But have you considered not using separate worksheets for each of the column E items? Since you want a current consolidated list for each column E item, you could turn on autofilter and use the column heading filter to create the consolidated list directly from your class registration worksheet...no additional worksheets, formulas, or VBA code are necessary.
Book5
ABCDE
3name2email2phone21Intermediate
4name3email3phone31Intermediate
5name4email4phone42Advanced
7name6email6phone63Advanced
8name7email7phone71Deregistered
Sheet2
CellAllowCriteria

with Beginner chosen in filter heading:
Book5
ABCDE
Sheet2
CellAllowCriteria
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to reply.

Using filters is my back up plan, I really appreciate your detail on this option!

I think this is the best option, even though I would love to have, and understand the VBA functionality, for the purposes of time I will take your advice.

Thank you again, what a super community here!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back