Help with trend of items in age buckets over time

Staulphin

Everyday I send out a report of the number of items at certain sites broken down into age buckets of how long the item as been sitting at that specific location. These totals are calculated by simply pulling the number of items at each site and comparing the date they were moved there to today's date. Now I am attempting to create a report that shows these values over time. So, for each week of the year I want to be able to show the total number of items in each age bucket, overall and by site. Is it possible to do this given just the item id, site name, date moved in, and date moved out for each item? I have a basic idea of how to accomplish this but, I'm running into trouble with the idea of having the age bucket accurately being portray for weeks in between the date moved in and date moved out. Any help is greatly appreciated!
k6UvGpu.png

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
The formula in C2 calculates the number of whole weeks between the two dates, does this help?

Excel 2007
ABC
1Date moved inDate moved outWeeks
201/01/201501/05/201517
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2=INT((B2-A2)/7)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response Ben! I've since been able to do this report using another tool but, I wasn't really having trouble determining the weeks between the move in and move out date. I needed to be able to show the amount of time an item was at a location at any given time. For example, if I want to look at just the 3rd week of the year, I would be able to see the number of items, broken down by age bucket, at each site. So, if week 3 falls between the move in and move out time of a specific item then I want to show how much time between the move in date and week 3(I guess I would have to decide on a specific day of the week.)

I'm still not entirely sure this is possible given just the move in and move out day(if anyone knows of a way it would still be great to know for future reference) but, now I've found a way of pulling the timestamp of when an item is moved out of a location and the amount of time it was in that location making this report a lot easier.

Thanks again for the response!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back