Help with VBA to soft error on close/save if data missing from fields.

Guitarmageddon

Board Regular
Hello everyone. I have seen different approaches and code I can lift online about this, but my result is always a hard error. I want to have a popup occur on saving and/or closing if the user has not entered data into E21:E26, D2, D4:D9. There are other techniques such as conditional formatting to call their attention to these ranges, but I wanted to have a soft error popup come up to say "You are about to close and/or save this sheet without important data entered into XYZ fields, please go back and confirm" But at the same time, I dont want it to send them in a loop of not being able to save or exit the file (since data in every single cell of the ranges above isnt mandatory, but can be used). A while back I did this with a word document using form fields and then it would force the user to enter data and the only way to even close the file was to go to task manager and end task. I just want more of a nudge to remind them. Can anyone assist with some VBA?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back