Help with Vlookup

dario88m

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all!
I'm new to the forum so, apologies for any mistakes with my post in advance :)

I have several worbooks that at a certain point started not showing values for vlookup formulas. To be more specific.. for example everything works as it should until row 50 and then from 51 I get #NA. I checked practically everything and i can't find a single reason why this is happening 🤯

I can give more details if necessary.

As anyone experienced this issue and knows what is causing this?

Example attached in the picture

1673534603447.png

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
what formula are you using
have you fixed the range with $
A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC , then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share
I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Formula example : =VLOOKUP($A$2,Sheet1!$A$3:$N$99999,2,FALSE)
I downloaded XL2BB but I'm not sure how to make it work since I have multiple ranges in several sheets 😬

It's probably easier if I make a copy of the workbook removing sensitive data and then share it.

Upvote 0
a2 is fixed , so as you copy down its always referring to A2
$A$2

so in theory - you should always get the same result
from column B on sheet1

It's probably easier if I make a copy of the workbook removing sensitive data and then share it.
ok

Upvote 0
a2 is fixed , so as you copy down its always referring to A2
$A$2

so in theory - you should always get the same result
from column B on sheet1

ok
a2 is fixed as I'm not copy down. the sheet works as a form, you type the value in a2 to get all data associated and when you're done you run a macro but ofc now the macro is pasting N/A in all other worbooks and sheets 😭

Upvote 0
ok, sorry, I'm not going to be able to help as its a macro , i do not provide solutions to macros on forum here - was not clear from 1st post.

Upvote 0
ok, sorry, I'm not going to be able to help as its a macro , i do not provide solutions to macros on forum here - was not clear from 1st post.
I guess it's a misunderstanding here. The macro is only the final step, the issue is only the vlookup.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back