Help with a Run-Time Error

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office365 (updated) on Windows 10 Home (updated). This is going to be a lengthy request. I have a workbook that contains 4 worksheets that I use to control my music selections for a weekly podcast. It has been working well until I started to play around with the RANDOM function. I was made aware of the Volatile Functions write-up. All of the uses of the Random function are on one of the worksheets. There are ten Macros used on one of the other worksheets with no references to the worksheet with the Random functions. The last change I made to the workbook was to create a cell on the worksheet containing the Random functions to allow me to search for songs that contained certain partial or full words.

’50-69’ is the worksheet containing 3000 Rows of data about the songs in my music folder. Row A in that worksheet contains the song Titles.

The worksheet containing the Random functions is called Alpha and is outlined below.

To make the formula work, Row 21 contains the following:

A21 = Find (simply the word "Find", no formula here)

B21 thru E21 are merged as one cell to allow a lengthy search value. without affecting other Columns on the worksheet.

B21 contains the formula =CONCATENATE("*",A23,"*")

A23 is where I enter the value to find (no formula here).

F21 contains the formula =COUNTIF('50-69'!A:A,B21)

After creating all of the above, any attempt to execute one of the Macros on the '50-69' worksheet, gives me the following error -

Run-time error ‘-2147319767 (80027029)’:

Automation error

Invalid forward reference, or reference to uncompiled type

When I choose the option to Debug, the following line of code is shown in yellow -

lRow = Worksheets("50-69").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

The line of code shown above has been working for a couple years in ten different Macros.
Any help with this will be GREATLY appreciated.
After re-reading this several times to make sure everything is correct, is it possible that the merging of B21 thru E21 is the cause?
Thank you,
Dan Wilson

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
See if the info here helps:

The top answer looks promising, and there is another answer a little further down that further explains the top answer (neither are marked as the solution though).

Upvote 0
Solution
Good day deid1011 and thank you for responding so quickly. I am glad to hear that the problem is not a new one. I will print out your reply and make notes as I go through it. Hopefully there is an answer in there somewhere. I use my workbook every week. I will come back and mark the post as a "solution" when the problem is fixed.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0
Good day again dreid1011. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The fix relating to enabling the AccessibilityAdmin 1.0 worked. I thought I knew a lot about Excel, but i am just a novice. This forum is a life-saver. I marked the post as solutioned.
Thanks,
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back