Hide Command Button Until All Sections Are Filled In

SyCoDeath

Hi,

Bit of a newbie to VB.

I have an email facility on a document i am making. However; I would like this button to be either hidden or out of use until all Sections/Cells are filled in fully. I have set it up so that you cannot save or print the document but this one is making me go crazy.

Does anyone know how i can do this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Try using

if Sheets("RACECARD ACTIVITY REQUEST").Range("B7") and Sheets("RACECARD ACTIVITY REQUEST").Range("C7") and .... then</pre>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Domenic - That is what i need, however, when you remove the data from a selected range, the box will disappear or be greyed out as it should do, but even when you put the data back in the range it remains greyed out / invisible.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim Rng1 As Range
    Dim Rng2 As Range
    Dim Rng3 As Range

Set Rng1 = Me.Range("B7,F7,I7,B12,B17,B22,B28,B40,B45,G45,B50,G50,B55,B60,G60,M59,L4,L9,L14,L23")
    Set Rng2 = Me.Range("D4,I4,L4,M4,M4,O4,P4,Y4,Z4,AA4,AB4,AC4,AD4,AE4,AF4,AG4,AJ4,AK4")

Set Rng3 = Application.Union(Rng1, Rng2)

If Application.Intersect(Target, Rng3) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rng3) = Rng3.Count Then
        EMAIL.Enabled = True
    Else
        EMAIL.Enabled = False
    End If
End Sub

Maybe i have done something wrong but im getting more and more confused.

evnoort - Hope you had a good break.

Yours works but only for the first range B7. I can delete all the other boxes and it makes no difference. IT just only seems to work with B7

Do you know why that would be, as like i say i clearly don't know enough...

Thanks guys

If you'd like, I can email you a sample file. If so, send me your email address via Private Message.

Upvote 0
Demonic.

I am going to delete this file soon... It works perfectly on yours, but as soon as i use it in mine the Command Button just vanishes and never returns. If i use the .Enabled option it just remains greyed out rendering the button useless.

I have now even deleted all of my other macros and still not working...

I have even changed the code to 3 different options, still not working...
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim Rng1 As Range
    Dim Rng2 As Range
    Dim Rng3 As Range

Set Rng1 = Me.Range("B7:D8,B12:J13,B17:B18,B22:J24,B28:J36,B40:J41,B45:E46,B50:E51,B55:J56,B60:E61,F7:G8,G45:J46,G50:J51,G60:J61,I7:J8,L4:O5,L9:U10,L14:U19,L23:U28,M59:U61,Q4:R5")
   'Set Rng1 = Me.Range("B7,B12,B17,B22,B28,B40,B45,B50,B55,B60,F7,G45,G50,G60,I7,L4,L9,L14,L23,M59,Q4")
   'Set Rng1 = Me.Range("B7, B12, B17, B22, B28, B40, B45, B50, B55, B60, F7, G45, G50, G60, I7, L4, L9, L14, L23, M59, Q4")

Set Rng2 = Me.Range("D4,I4,L4,M4,M4,O4,P4,Y4,Z4,AA4,AB4,AC4,AD4,AE4,AF4,AG4,AJ4,AK4")

Set Rng3 = Application.Union(Rng1, Rng2)

If Application.Intersect(Target, Rng3) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rng3) = Rng3.Count Then
       EMAIL.Visible = True
    Else
       EMAIL.Visible = False
    End If
End Sub

Would you mind if i sent you my file via your email so you can see where i am going wrong... Or are you getting fed up helping me, i wouldnt blame you, lol

Cheers for all your help

Upvote 0
"Demonic" has a somewhat different meaning than "Domenic", but that's okay... :cool:

Send me your file and I'll see if I can pinpoint the problem. I'm not sure I'll get a chance to look at it today, though.

Upvote 0
The problem seems to lie in the fact that your references are not correct. For example, B7:D8 are merged. So you'll need to refer to B7, not B7:D8. Also, other references point to cells that are empty and, from what I can see, do not ever expect a value. For example, you reference D4 which is located within merged cells and which will always be empty. Try correcting these references and see if it helps.

Upvote 0
Domenic,

Thanks... I have noticed that if i add the same ranges in Rng1 & Rng2 it works perfectly.

Problem being the Ranges are on 2 separate Worksheets.

Set Rng1 = Me.Range("B7,B12,B17,B22,B28,B40,B45,B50,B55,B60,F7,G45,G50,G60,I7,L4,L9,L14,L23,M59,Q4")

Refers to Worksheet "RACECARD ACTIVITY REQUEST"

Where as

Should refer to Worksheet "COMPLETE RACECARD TEMPLATE"

I bet this is starting to grate on you now...

Thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0
Since the ranges are in two separate worksheets, the code will need to be amended. However, will you always to referencing the same cells in sheet "COMPLETE RACECARD TEMPLATE"?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back