Hiding zero balance rows

joel_fluit

Hello Everyone,

I have Worksheet 1(TB) that is a trial balance; Column A, Column B, Column C (Account #), Column D (Account Desc.), and Column E (Account Value). This is created using an import of a csv file and has +/- values in Column E.

Worksheet 2 (Groupings) has 3 Columns; A (Account #), B (Account Desc.), and C (Account Value). This is a sheet that has all of the accounts from TB and many many more. The Account Value is returned to the Groupings worksheet from the TB worksheet using a vlookup formula. If the account doesn't exist in the TB worksheet then 0 is displayed. What this worksheet is doing is just puting the accounts in the proper group. Between these groups is the total for the group and a row to seperate the groups.

What I want to do is make is so that in the Groupings if the account is 0 then the row is hidden, and if the group total is zero the it is all hidden. If I just use a filter then the spaces are left and I get large blank spaces between groups. These are large, like 100 pages. Also I need it to auto-update if an account value changes (import a new trial balance). I am new to macros so go easy on me. Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back