Highlight equal row text

Manolocs

Hello, How to Highlight two consecutive equal text cells in a table ? I have to find, identify and manually delete multiple rows of an extensive table with 5 columns, the search for consecutive identical rows is needed by the column "A" only, the other columns maybe not equal. I tried already with conditional formatting but while I am deleting the entire row, the conditional missed a lot of identical cells.
Any idea how to make it easier?
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
It is strange, the spreadsheet I am testing has 600 rows with 6 columns, and I get that error, but if I use 10 rows of the same file the macro runs according. :(

Upvote 0
It is strange, the spreadsheet I am testing has 600 rows with 6 columns, and I get that error, but if I use 10 rows of the same file the macro runs according. :(
Hmm, very odd. You would think if the code wasn't going to work it simply wouldn't work rather than be influenced by how many rows of data there are (unless we were talking like a stupidly high number of rows).

Are you able to share an example workbook with me to test with? If you can then you would need to upload a copy to a file hosting site such as drop box, one drive, google drive or similar, then share a link to the file in a forum post.

Upvote 0
Hi FishBoy, sorry I was not available, I was in a MAC computer and did not work so I change to a PC and still not working same error, but when I run your workbook with your example is working. only with my data is not working :(

Upvote 0
Are you able to share an example workbook with me to test with? If you can then you would need to upload a copy to a file hosting site such as drop box, one drive, google drive or similar, then share a link to the file in a forum post.

Upvote 0
Nice macro, Fishboy, thanks!

Do you think it can be tweaked to highlight all the duplicates EXCEPT the first one?
Hi Schroeder51, thanks ;)

I am sure it could probably be tweaked to do that but it is not as simple.

If you noticed in my first reply to Manolocs I also offered a "delete duplicate" solution which would always leave 1 copy of each "duplicate" in your final data set if that is any use to you:

Code:
Sub RemoveDupes()
' Defines variables
Dim x As Long, LastRow As Long, cRange As Range

' Defines LastRow as the last row of data based on column A
LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

' Sets the check range as A1 to the last row of A
Set cRange = Range("A1:A" & LastRow)

' For each cell in the check range, working from the bottom upwards
For x = cRange.Cells.Count To 1 Step -1
    With cRange.Cells(x)
        ' If the count of the cell value is more than 1 then...
        If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(cRange, .Value) > 1 Then
            ' Delete that row
            .EntireRow.Delete
        End If
    End With
' Check next cell in check range
Next x

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Fishboy, I realize the problem is, some of the cells have a space more/less with the text, this cause the macro be false, is there a way to make your code to overlook the spaces? Thanks a lot :)

Upvote 0
Hi Fishboy, I realize the problem is, some of the cells have a space more/less with the text, this cause the macro be false, is there a way to make your code to overlook the spaces? Thanks a lot :)
Where is the extra space? Is it always in the same place (like at the end maybe)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aby2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back