how can i exclude a list of date range (public holidays) in data validation?

kashifziatevta423

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi dear, i am new to this forum. please tell me how to disallow user to input specific dates (list created for public holidays)?
waiting for your quick reply.
sheet is attached for reference.
thank you.

Attachments

• dt.JPG
    dt.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 103
  • dt2.JPG
    dt2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 103

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Say the cells you want to apply Data Validation (DV) to are A1:A10. First, name the range containing your Holidays & Sundays "Exclude" using Formula>Define Name. Then select A1:A10 and go to Data>Data Tools> Data Validation. Then select Custom and input this formula (see image below): =$A1<>Exclude and click OK.
1601231542871.png

Upvote 0
Say the cells you want to apply Data Validation (DV) to are A1:A10. First, name the range containing your Holidays & Sundays "Exclude" using Formula>Define Name. Then select A1:A10 and go to Data>Data Tools> Data Validation. Then select Custom and input this formula (see image below): =$A1<>Exclude and click OK.
View attachment 23160
Thanks a lot for your response dear, but its not working for me. (excel version 2019)
Please help

Attachments

• Not Working.JPG
    Not Working.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for your response dear, but its not working for me. (excel version 2019)
Please help
You've not defined the named range "Exclude" properly. It not include the first cell with "Exclude" in it.

In the Name Manager select the name Exclude and down at the bottom RefersTo: formula bar change $F$1 to $F$2 and click the check mark to the left, then close the Name Manager dialog box.

If you've entered the correct formula in the DV dialog box, this should be working now. Note it will not react to the "excluded" values you've already placed in the DV range. Delete those and start again.

Upvote 0
Dear Sir, by doing all, only one cell (first cell in DV range) is restricted. Screenshot attached.
if possible please +923017005923 whatsapp/ remote assistance required in this matter. Please help

thank you.

Attachments

• NW-1.JPG
    NW-1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 69
  • NW-2.JPG
    NW-2.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 70
  • NW-3.JPG
    NW-3.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
Sorry, I gave you the wrong DV formula. Try: =AND(A1<>Holidays)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back