How do I automatically copy multiple column ranges to another worksheet based on a specific reference?

arkadd61

I have a workbook I'm working on that has multiple worksheet in it. There are 2 worksheet specifically that I need assistance with. The "Renewals" worksheet and the "Scheduled" worksheet. I have attached a copy of the workbook in question to make it easier to understand. My goal is, if I enter in the word "Scheduled" into column "E" in the "Renewals" worksheet, I want it to automatically copy the corresponding data from the same row into the corresponding columns and rows in worksheet "Scheduled".

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8tD0ngyrbDRZDU2ckVIMFE1OGc/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you ahead of time for any assistance with this! I hope you all can help.

Semisi

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I did not look at your workbook.. but the below code should give you all the tools you need:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

' get scheduled worksheet
    Dim scheduled As Worksheet: Set scheduled = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Scheduled")

' only care about column E - ignore everything else
    If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("E:E")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

Dim r As Integer: r = Target.Row
    If (UCase(Target.Value) = "SCHEDULED") Then
        ' if target value is is "scheduled" then
        ' move values from target's row in columns F - G to the corresponding position on scheduled sheet
        scheduled.Range("F" & r & ":" & "G" & r).Value = Me.Range("F" & r & ":" & "G" & r).Value

Else
        ' if it is not scheduled (say you delete scheduled from a cell) then
        ' clear the values on the scheduled sheet
        scheduled.Range("F" & r & ":" & "G" & r).Value = ""

End If

End Sub

In the above code, if you enter scheduled in column E then it will copy the values from the corresponding row in columns F through G over to the corresponding position on a sheet called 'Scheduled'. You can expand the column range by changing the column letters in Me.Range("F" & r & ":" & "G" & r).Value. Note this is a worksheet event - you have to put this code in the "Renewals" worksheet code module.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your assistance. So I'm a novice when it comes to Excel. I thought you would just send me a formula that I would copy and paste into a cell. I'm not sure how to implement this code into the worksheet. Would you be willing to open my worksheet and set it up with an explination so I can see what you did?

Upvote 0
You can definitely use formulas to do this. The words 'automatically copy' made me think you were looking for a macro based solutions. You will want to use an IF Statement.. something similar to the following:
=IF(Renewals!$E3 = "Scheduled", Renewals!F2,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back