How do I force a value to increase in one cell if another cell drops below a certain value?

Konecranes

I'm trying to force a value to increase in one cell if another cell drops below a specific value.

Example: If D18 drops below of 10% of D6 then D6 must be a minimum of 90% of D18.

D18 = net profit (must stay at 10%)
D12 = gross profit
D10 = fixed costs
D6 = total sales (must stay at 90% or better of profit)

Sales - service = gross profit, gross profit - fixed costs = net profit

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Welcome is D18 a % cell? can you post some sample data?

PS .
Sales - service - COGS = gross profit, gross profit - fixed costs = net profit

Upvote 0
D18 is a $ cell.

Sometimes my offices tell me they have to sell work at a lower margin (gross profit). So I set up my gross profit cell (D12) with a drop down box to change the margin of gross profit. Each group has a fixed costs that doesn't change so that cell (D10) does not change unless I change it when we hire someone or add an asset. The net profit (cell D18) is what our investors want in return - no less than 10% of sales, but it can be higher.

The drop down box in the gross margin cell allows me to go from 25% to 40% gross profit. So, if my fixed costs (D10) is -$150,000, and my sales (D6) are at $750,000, and I choose 30% gross profit from the drop down in cell D12 then my net profit would equal 10%. If I change the gross profit to 25% then my new profit will drop under 10% as my fixed costs and sales do not change. What I would like is: If I change the gross profit and it changes my new profit to show anything less than 10% of sales, than sales would automatically increase to a value to show the new profit at a minimum of 10%.

In essence, if one of my managers says to me that he can only get 25% gross profit in his market then he needs to get his sales up to cover his fixed costs and show a net profit of a minimum of 10%.

Upvote 0
Can you post an example of what you need ? You can use Mr Exce lHTML maker (see on my signature how to do it)

Upvote 0

Excel 2012
CD
6SALES750,000
9SALES750,000
10CMII $225,000
13CMII $225,000
14F/C(150,000)
16ROS $75,000
18ROS %10.0%
21CMII %30.0%
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Posting with formulas would help... You have that option when copying the code in excel... select "all formulas" on the HTML maker..

Upvote 0
Two of your formulas are refering to cells that in your post don't have any value:

D7 and D11

will you type any values on this 2 cells?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbapro2b

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back