How do I show negative figures as positives.

shrek

Board Regular
I have a workbook in which I export to excel sheetsheet. When their pasted is shows it as negative figures. I actually need them as posiitive figures.

Is there any quick way I can change them automatically.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

onlyadrafter

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

If they are all negative, enter -1 in a cell, select this cell, then EDIT --> COPY --> select the destination cells, right button click, select PASTE SPECIAL, select MULTIPLY.

Gohar Shahab

ADVERTISEMENT

you Can use

=ABS(A1), it will convert the negative value to positive.

Gohar
USING XL 2003

Tulyena

I have a similar issue. I copy and paste data into excel from another program, but the program I copy from displays everything as its opposite value. So I need to be able to convert all the positives to negatives and vice versa in Excel. I've tried using the suggestions above and they do work great for converting negatives to positives, but the positives stay positive. I'd really appreciate any ideas!

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
Tulyena:

onlyadrafter's suggestion will toggle values between positive and negative.

tusharm

MrExcel MVP
I have a similar issue. I copy and paste data into excel from another program, but the program I copy from displays everything as its opposite value. So I need to be able to convert all the positives to negatives and vice versa in Excel. I've tried using the suggestions above and they do work great for converting negatives to positives, but the positives stay positive. I'd really appreciate any ideas!
To maintain an audit trail, I would use a separate column (or columns as the case may be). Suppose your data are in a single column (A) starting with A2. Then, in B2, enter =-A2.

Now, copy B2 as far down B as you have data in A. The easiest way would be to move the cursor over the bottom-right corner of B2 and double-click.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AniEx