How do we change the default font settings in the comments box in Excel 2019?

driving is fun

I have little to add here, but it seems there was a way to do this in Excel 2016 ( I haven't tried as I don't have that version) but any methods suggested did not work in Excel 2019.

I have changed the default font setting for Excel 2019 but that only affects the main font in the cells, it hasn't changed the comment box font.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

driving is fun

I don't have a code. I just want to change the default font in the comments box.
When I insert a comment in a cell (Review>New comment) the default font is Tahoma, size 11, bold. I want to change this default font setting.

sykes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
That's exactly what's discussed on this web page!

" When you add a comment to a cell, Excel automatically uses the Tahoma style font in size 9 on a PC, and size 10 on a Mac. You can change the formatting for a comment, and in Windows you can also or change the default format for all comments. "

driving is fun

I can change the formatting in the comments box, I know. But I want to change the default from Tahoma-bold to something else. Otherwise I have to change the formatting each time I insert a comment.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberttaekim