How i make a table for daily data input, saving these data and managing them in the end of every month.

GioGR

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everybody from Greece. This is my first post and every help i get it would be highly appreciated and would help me so much in my work.
My problem in general is this:
I want to have a table with the names of the employees and the places that they are working.
Every day i want to entry on my table the hours that have worked in these different places. For example employee A worked on the Place 1 for 4 hours , on Place 2 for 1 hour etc..
These data i want to be saved somehow on the same workbook and to be able to update them daily so at the end of every month i want to be able to see and sum up how many hours
the employees worked at every different place. I also want to be able to manage those data by every employee to see how many hours worked and where and also
to be able to see the hours worked by date. The only data that i will be entering will be the hours on a daily basis. I hope you understand me and i m looking forward for any reply.
Thank a lot for your time.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi Gio, Hope i understood your request correctly. I suggest you use Pivot Tables to do this and enter the data in Columns A to D as shown.

Attachments

• GioGR - Greece.JPG
    GioGR - Greece.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Hi Louis thank you so much for your time answering but this is not what i want. The places and the employee are the columns and the rows of my table.
The only think i enter are the hours and this is for all the employees, daily. Also these data must be stored and i dont know if this need to be connected with access.
And at the end of the month i want to be able to see how many hours have been worked on each place, how many hours each employee have worked in each place
and also to be able to see some stats by date. For example i want to be able to see at the 3/12/2019 employee A in which places he worked and how many hours in each place.
I think I must have a date time picker or somekind of kalendar or i may need some drop down lists or VBA.. It's not so easy to be done, i think it must be like a small programm
but thanks again for responding Louis. I m looking forward for any reply that will help me cause i really need to make this and i m trying for over two weeks now o_O

Upvote 0
Good morning Gio, Maybe if you can provide a sample of what the data would look like i could figure it out for you. From what you're describing, i still think i'm on the right path and it does not sound like you'd need VBA for this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back