How to add new columns added source data during PQ refresh?

otisvillain

Board Regular
Hey all,

I'm new to BI and have learned a ton the last week on it, what an amazing tool. I'm working through power query right now, and have a good handle on it. My question is this:

When new rows are added to my source data, and I refresh the PQ table, the new rows are added automatically which is great. However, when new columns are added to the source data, the new columns do not show up upon refresh of PQ table. I've tried a few different things and looked on the web, but have not gotten a concrete answer. Any ideas on how to add the new columns during refresh? Thank you

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I figured it out, in case anybody else was wondering. In PQ window, under Query Settings and Applied steps, if you click on source and look in the formula bar, you see the specs on the original data source. When you see the Columns=8, if you change the 8 to 9, it will now pull in 9 columns from the original source, rather than 8

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back