How to add source reference to records

ggirf14

I have a workbook with +/- 200 worksheets. I'm starting to explore to use Power Query with Excel 2013.
I start with a blank query and use this for the source:
Excel.CurrentWorkbook()

Question: How could I append a new row that will contain the sheet name each record came from?

sandy666

maybe New Query - From File - From Workbook (itself)
then select the name the of workbook only and Edit
you'll get the table of the tables with the sheets names

ggirf14

No luck, I'm forced to select tables, I cannot select the workbook itself.

sandy666

From Workbook the select workbook which you are using right now
if your open workbook with 100 sheets has name MyWorkbook so select it

eg. your workbook with 100 sheets has name Book234.xlsm, so From File, select workbook Book234.xlsm then select the name only Book234.xlsm (x) and Edit
x = how many tables exist in this workbook

wkbname.jpg

ggirf14

Thanks sandy666 you were right. I can select the container of all the tables. Than the editor loaded the data with the additional column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
germanpbv

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...