How to Autofilter on the second row

dreen

Board Regular
I have 3 sheets in my workbook, and my code checks if the Active Cell in Sheet 2 is blank or not,

VBA Code:
If Len(ActiveCell.Value) = 0 Then
MsgBox "Blank Key in:" & ActiveCell.Address, vbCritical
Exit Sub
End If

If it's not blank, then my code counts the number of times the Active Cell in Sheet 2 appears in Sheet 3 (if any), and if it's greater than 2 times, then a Msgbox box appears asking the user to see the "Previous Entries" which essentially Auto filters Sheet 3 to the Active Cell value from Sheet 2. Here is my entire code:
Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Autofilter_Macro4()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet, sh3 As Worksheet                       'Declares variables as worksheets
    Dim rng As Range                                                               'Declares variable as a range to store values

Set sh1 = Sheet1                                                               'Assigns a worksheet to the declared worksheet variable (sh1 = "Main Database" Worksheet = Machine Inv #)
    Set sh2 = Sheet2                                                               'Assigns a worksheet to the declared worksheet variable (sh 2 = "Changes" Worksheet)
    Set sh3 = Sheet3                                                               'Assigns a worksheet to the declared worksheet variable (sh 3 = "Historical Parameters" Worksheet)

Dim rowAC As Long, rowCut As Long                                              'Declares variable and assigns it as a Long data type

rowAC = ActiveCell.Row                                                         'Sets the Long variable as the Active Cell Row in Sheet 2

If Len(ActiveCell.Value) = 0 Then                                              'Tests if the Active Cell in column A (Key) of the "Changes" Worksheet is blank or not

MsgBox "Blank Key in:" & ActiveCell.Address, vbCritical                    'If the Active Cell is blank, then this MsgBox notifies you that it's blank
        Exit Sub                                                                   'Ends the entire Macro if the Active Cell is Blank

End If                                                                         'Doesn't initiate the MsgBox and continues the Macro if the Key in Column A is not blank
    Dim Source As Range

Set Source = sh3.Range("A1", sh3.Range("A" & rows.Count).End(xlUp))                                 'Initializing "Source" variable range to last row in Sheet 3

Dim Counter As Long
    Dim Result As String

sh3.AutoFilterMode = False                                                                          'Clears any Autofilters (if any) in Sheet 3

Counter = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Source, sh2.Range("A" & rowAC))                     'Counts # of times the ActiveCell is in the Source range

If Counter > 2 Then                                                                                 'If there are more than 3 duplicates then display a message box

Result = MsgBox("No. of Duplicates in the Historical Parameters Sheet is : " & Counter & vbNewLine & _
    "Do you want to see the Previous Key Entries?", vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Duplicate Key Entries")   'Msgbox displaying the number of duplicate values in Sheet 3

If Result = vbYes Then

MsgBox "Yes"

sh3.Range("A:A").Autofilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=ActiveCell.Value                            'Autofilters Sheet 3 for the Active Cell (Key) from Sheet 2 ("Changes" Worksheet)

sh3.Range("A2").Value = sh2.Range("MyRange").Value                                           'Sets the Value of Cell "A2" in Sheet 3 to the named range "MyRange" (ActiveCell) from Sheet 1

sh3.Activate                                                                                 'Sets Sheet 3 as the active sheet

ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True                                                              'Attemps to Freezes the Panes (Top 2 rows) of Sheet 3

Else:

MsgBox "No"

End If

End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Currently I am trying to freeze the top two panes in Sheet 3 with my Code but the second row is still being included in the Auto Filter.

I would like to either Freeze the panes of the top 2 rows in Sheet 3, or Autofilter from the Second row (so excluding the Header row 1 and the sub header Row 2) or perhaps another simpler code/solution. Thanks for your help everyone.

Cross-posted on another platform as well: How to Autofilter on the second row

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Solved, the solution was to include :

VBA Code:
'To filter from second row down
Dim lr as Long
lr = sh3.Range("A" & sh3.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

sh3.Range("A2:A" & lr).AutoFilter 1, ActiveCell.Value

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back