How to automate weekly averages from monthly data

Bogus_Potatoes

I have a spreadsheet in Google Sheets that my hospital uses to record medication changes made to individual patient files. Each month is kept on a different sheet, and each row is a new file worked on with the rows having that day's date as part of their dataset. I find it very easy to compute a monthly average using the "countunique" function, but having the averages for each week automatically update is proving challenging. I can have the data update with what week of the year each row comes from, but then using that to determine if a given row is within a desired week and then take an average is proving much more difficult. How can I have a cell's function query which week another cell comes from, and then if it belongs to that week, use it in an average for said week?

Also, since each month is kept in a separate sheet, weeks that span two months will need to be calculated as well, which will add complexity.

Sorry if this is confusing, or poorly worded; I have this idea in my head, and I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back