How to create a scenario (game win/loss percentage).

Burrgogi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Here's my current stats in Free Cell.

Freecell win percentage 2024-04-02.png

My win percentage is currently 96.1%. I'd like to have a little excel chart or table whatever that will tell me how many more games I need to win in order to make it 97%. I've noticed that Free Cell will round up so if my win percentage happens to be at 96.51%, Free Cell will round that up to 97%.

Is there a way to have Excel fill this in automatically?

Sample 2.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Are you asking more many more win consecutively, assuming no loss? If so, then try,

Book1
ABCDEF
197%98%99%
2Win511447147
3Loss2
4Total53
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:E2C2=ROUNDUP(($B$2-C$1*$B$4)/(C$1-1),0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you asking more many more win consecutively....

Sorry no, I should have specified that I'm looking for a win/loss percentage based on the current stats with the number of wins and losses dynamically changing. I can easily calculate how many more wins I need to jump up to 97%. However, my losses will not always be 2 (as shown in the screenshot).

Upvote 0
Sorry no, I should have specified that I'm looking for a win/loss percentage based on the current stats with the number of wins and losses dynamically changing. I can easily calculate how many more wins I need to jump up to 97%. However, my losses will not always be 2 (as shown in the screenshot).
If you're winning/losing are uncertain then you're dealing with probability. You can find the expected number of games but not exact.

Upvote 0
If you're winning/losing are uncertain then you're dealing with probability. You can find the expected number of games but not exact.

It's not like we're taking a complete stab in the dark. 2 things are known with certainty: current # of wins and current # of losses. Isn't there some sort of a macro or formula that can evaluate:
If cell B3 (# of losses) remains constant, how many more wins will it take to jump up to 97%?

Upvote 0
It's not like we're taking a complete stab in the dark. 2 things are known with certainty: current # of wins and current # of losses.
Are you assuming that this pattern will continue? For every 2 loss, there are 51 wins?
Either way you can't find the exact number, it's still an expected value because the past isn't 100% predictive of the future.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back