How to Create a search by Sheet Name function in a userform?

dan_elmore87

Basically my aim is to have a client database with 1 sheet per client, i wish to have a userform with various links and functions, the part im struggling with is being able to have a text box and a search button which will allow me to search for and bring up the desired clients sheet?

Any Help is much appreciated

Many Thanks Dan

You my friend seem to be a genius! lol i really dont mind how it operates at the moment this whole thing was an idea which i thought might make things a bit easier just being able to select a client and see their previous treatments, is there a way of displaying the sheet actually in the userform then? I was thinking that if i just had it open the sheet so it could be easily edited and saved etc.

Also any idea if i can automate the sheet name ie sheet name = C2??

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Dan

I was actually thinking of just getting the treatment data from the sheet, not the actual sheet and displaying it on the userform in a listbox.

So I'm not sure what you mean displaying the actually sheet.

Are the other things on the sheet that wouldn't quite fit into being displayed on the userform?

Not sure about the sheet name thing either, do you want to automatically put the client name in C2 on their worksheet?

Upvote 0
Right im getting somewhere with this now again thanks for your help, the one bit im struggling to sort is the autonaming of the sheets, I have had an idea though if the combobox was populated with a specific cell from each page then it wouldnt matter what the shhet names are? IE combobox= C2.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm still not sure about the autonaming thing.

Where is the name coming from and what's being named?

Upvote 0
I was thinking that each tab would be the clients name but its proving to be a real challenge, i would need to create a macro that would enable me to create a new sheet then rename ideally from the clients name within the table. Surely its easier to just have sheet names at sheet 1 sheet 2 etc then the combo box be linked to a specified cell in each sheet.

Upvote 0
Sorry, still not getting you here.

Why do you need to a sheet of names?

You've got all the names - they're the sheet names.

So to populate the combobox you just loop through all the sheets, add the sheet name and that's it really

If there are non-client sheets you might need to add a little something to skip them.

Also, if you want to create a new worksheet for a client it can be entered on the userform and either created automatically or when a button's clicked.

Wait a minute, are you maybe talking about a macro for each sheet that returns the user to the main sheet?

What have you got so far anyway?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonino90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back