How to create an ephemeris

Hermanus

I am aware of tons of special astro software which offer this as part of their standard features.

I still would like to have one written in excel (gives me the chance to manipulate it my ways).

Any chance someone can help me?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Aloha...

In the event that no one else has a clue:

Ephemeris (plural: ephemerides) - Pronounced ee-FEM-er-is (ef-fi-MARE-uh-deez). A table listing specific data of a moving object, as a function of time. Ephemerides usually contain right ascension ("R.A." in these web pages) and declination ("Decl." in these web pages), apparent angle of elongation ("Elong." in these web pages) from the sun (in degrees), and magnitude (brightness) of the object; other quantities frequently included in ephemerides include the objects distances from the sun and earth (in AU), usually given as Roman letter "r" and Greek letter "Delta", respectively; phase angle; and moon phase.

Right. :rolleyes:

Can you give us a hint what data is needed and what the formula(s) would be?

Tana-Lee

Upvote 0
Aloha Part II...

How about this?

http://www.jyotish.net/10-year.htm

This emphemeris was calculated for 12:00 noon at Boulder, Colorado, using Lahiri ayanamsha. It was created using Goravani Jyotish 2.2.2 Vedic Astrology software, which compensates for daylight savings time, etc. So it is very accurate. It does include the outer planets. I removed Ketu from the list, since it is always figured as the exact opposite of Rahu.

What you are downloading is a zip archive of a microsoft excel file. That way, once you unpack it, you can load it into excel and print it, reformat it, re-configure it, etc. The file itself is also Mac-compatible, although I don't think the zip format is. Unsure on this.

Depending on your connection, etc., you can download this in about 4 minutes.

ten year ephemeris.ZIP
Other possibilities:

http://www.google.com/search?q=excel+ephemeris+&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Tana-Lee

Upvote 0
I am intrigued as to why you would want an Emphemeris done in an Excel format.

This Site:
http://www.stargazing.net/kepler/astrofnc.html

Claims to have some Demo VBA.

You even have the Swiss Open Source Code version

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/sweph_g.htm

And even some messy coding in :

http://www.moneytide.com/hans/product/ephi.html

I guess the main thing is, all the Ephemeris Software I have seen work off a relational database, which does not go too well on a strictly Excel format.
So, Are you using a Backend Database to drive this Graph?

(y)

Upvote 0
Thanks again for the reply.

The main reason why I want this in Excel is to have enough flexibility to add features at a later time like a 3-dimensional view etc.

I like the last link - looked familiar to me but somehow I did miss all the different features there.

Wondering what this all means:

Market AstroPhysics Master Course.
Top Secret. The Ultimate. Covers everything that Hans has learned, including his Complete Chaos Method. One week living with Hans. All past purchases credited to course price. By acceptance only. The Full Circle. Requires Non-disclosure.
Requires Non-disclosure. Click to see.

.........................................................MAP...$36000

Must be something special LOL

Upvote 0
What the heck are you smoking? {vbg} XL is awful at 3D anything!
Hermanus said:
Thanks again for the reply.

The main reason why I want this in Excel is to have enough flexibility to add features at a later time like a 3-dimensional view etc.

{snip}

Upvote 0
Response to last post

ALREADY :oops: and I have just asked a simple question.....

previous post: very offensive - don't like your style, dude :oops:

cheers

Upvote 0
Was there a solution found to this as I'd be interested, but I'd prefer to have it in an Access database which I could easily integrate with Excel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back