How to display the top rated game titles in my Excel book.

Burrgogi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I've created a worksheet that contains all the Free-to-Play (F2P) titles in my game collection. You can see on the right side, I've created a text box that lists the top rated games (Overwhelmingly Positive) as ranked by Steam.

That's fine for now but this list will change & grow as I continue to maintain it in the future. I'm sure there will be other "OP" top rated games to come along so I'd like to find a way to maintain it easily.

One solution is to simply filter the list in place and show just the 'OP' rated games (as shown in column C e.g. MP, VP, OP). However, it would be nice to have a list like what I've got in the text box without having to filter the entire sheet each time I want to see just the OP rated games. Is this possible to do? I'm not an Excel expert, but is a pivot table the right solution here? I played around with it earlier today and found it confusing to setup and got absolutely nowhere with it. I'm back to square 1.

Secondly, today I created a new column labeled "Finished?" - see column B. In that column, I created a simple checkbox so I can check off the games that I've already played & finished. If there is a checkbox for a particular game and if the game is rated 'OP' (as shown in column C), then I'd like for that title to be omitted from the pivot table (or whatever kind of table is implemented as the final solution).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• screenshot 06-29-2023.png
    screenshot 06-29-2023.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 22

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I can't promise that I can do this but I'll try. Pictures are not very helpful. If the data is not confidential hopefully you could post a link to your workbook. Use the link icon above the message area. Put the file on Dropbox, Box, 1Drive, Google Drive etc. Or, consider sharing the data using Mr Excel's excellent XL2BB addin that enables you to post a portion of a worksheet.

See HERE for details.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back