How to edit DBF file in Excel 2003 ?

Sultix

Hello

i have this huge problem, i cannot seem to get it work.

I have an existing dbf file, which needs to be added few hundred new rows to make importable to lotus organizer.

Whenever i add new rows to DBF file.. After saving the file in Excel, it shows nothing.. as being the new rows was never been added..

Can anyone help me please to fix this problem?

How can i edit a dbf file in Excel 2003?

macros? addons ? addin?? software? anything please.. just please not shareware stuff.

Greetings
Sultix

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

SteveO59L

As far as i can remember, there is a limit on the number of rows that Excel will import from a dbf file. If you have exceeded this limit (I cant remember how many records it is) then your data wont be imported to Excel

Sultix

As far as i can remember, there is a limit on the number of rows that Excel will import from a dbf file. If you have exceeded this limit (I cant remember how many records it is) then your data wont be imported to Excel
well to be honest.. the dbf file i have has only 5 rows..- exported for testing purpose.
i wanted to add 200 rows.

columns, data etc all ready to be pasted.

and beside i am not trying to export or import from dbf. i am trying to edit dbf.

ebey

Hi
I am facing a problem with Excel 2003.

I have an existing dbf file, which needs to be added a few hundred new rows to which I am having in another Excel sheet

Whenever i add new rows to DBF file.. After saving the file in Excel, it shows nothing.. as being the new rows was never been added..

But I am able to edit the existing data, it is saving.

Can anyone help me please to fix this problem?

How can i edit a dbf file in Excel 2003?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbone2020

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...