How To Find All Combinations That Equal A Given Sum

shophoney

Hi,

I am trying to reconcile our PayPal account.

Unfortunately Paypal deposits funds not at the end of each day but when funds are released from your credit card or bank this can mean funds for one transaction arrive 5 days later and others 30 days later.

Every few days I get a large deposit with no details. I'm looking to create a way to see which transactions above add up to the amount of the deposit.

I've tried using Excel Solver, but it's a lot of manual work for my staff to keep changing the range of the cells to review.

What I've seen is that line 1, 5, 22, 23... Can be a deposit. Then line 2,3,4,8,30 could be the next.

Any ideas would be great.

Attachments

• PayPal.png
    PayPal.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 165

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I have a bank account where money is being withdrawn and deposited. My suggestion is to color the cell you want to observe. I color the cells using a program. Once the cells you want to high light are colored than you can insert and table the array. I then filter on that color. At that point you should be seeing only General Withdrawal. If nothing else, this should get a discussion going.

Upvote 0
See and check if what I published in this discussion can be reused: Vba?

Bye

Upvote 0
you may want to check out this file which used a vba solution..

It was a winning entry to an Aug 2002 Accounts Receivable Challange.

Upvote 0
Hi shophoney. I've got some code for U to trial if the above doesn't work. There may be more than 1 set of possible combinations so do you have an empty column for displaying the different combos? Also, an unused cell will be needed if U have an unused cell address. If you could provide a blank XL file containing data for testing, that would also be helpful. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back