how to have XL cut 'n paste a row based on a criteria

smsjr723

hello again,

figured since my first question went so well, i'd get crazy and post another. incase you were foolhearty enough to miss my last post. i am constructing a little xl file to track my companies... or at least better organize my companies expenses... which are billed back to the clients.

my dream was to have it be multi-functional. in the sense that it'd help me consolidate the info for when i have to go enter it into the accounting program... and both help the girls get reimbursed quicker. ...but when push comes to shove i just want my job to be easier. but i'm thinking now... there may be a tiny flicker of hope. to get them yappy broads off my back.

basically the worksheet is based off a single template. then the template is applied to each client. ...the individual client sheets have their name, code, and then a tabulation section. ..which breaks down the totals of each expense category, and then sums them up at the bottom.

the various totals all trickle back to 1-2 report sheets. that give varing amounts of detail. ..ie one, just gives me totals by customer... one gives me totals by type. etc. etc. these help me double check my work after i'm done entering at the accounting computer. so they're simple.

what i want to do... is also have report sheets. by employee. so from the larger client sheets, it'll pull that info out, and onto a sheet for each employee. but that's outside my knowledge and i think into the murky world of macros... which puts me in the same sorta situation as the perverbial one legged man at an *** kicking contest.

basically two problems that i foresee are:

1 ...getting the formula/macro to recognize the various employee names. then extracting the info from that row... and putting it in the appropriate employee sheet. ...having it deposit correctly, and then move on, or allow for more entries to come below.

various sorting issues, such as dates, times, and client references spring to mind, but i'm sure all that would be easy once i got it all there.

2 ...well i guess there is no 2. if i can get the thing to rip out the line items by employee and put them in specific employee sheets. ...in a semi-organized fashion. that'll just about do it.

...thanks to anyone who offers advice, or general help. greatly appreciate it.

-Vas

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
May I suggest that you download Colo's HTML Maker from the link at the bottom of the page and show us a sample data sheet so that we may help with the code.

Upvote 0
what would you like to see... i downloaded that little utility. but it won't let me select too huge of a range...

so. what would be most helpful. a example of how i want it to look if it worked. or an example... of what it's coming from to going to???

-Vas

Upvote 0
A piece of a worksheet that contains multiple employees and that would need to copied and pasted into the new report.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back