How to help first-time posters

Just checked. Looks like it got deleted during an update. Trying to fix. Will be awhile. Modifying the software is not easy.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Thanks, Tracy. I just viewed the "how to register" video and there's definitely some overlap between its content and what was suggested on this thread.

The Action Required email already had a link to posting.
Welcome message now has link to posting AND link to video.

With more of us using a signature similar (or identical) to the onw JVH posted, some of our users may visit the BBCode section to learn how to use BB Code more in depth (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode).

Perhaps under the explanation of how to use tags to link directly to posts/post# ([/thread] and [/post]), it might be an idea to have those sample-links go to some important thread on the forums (like guidelines or tips) rather than some random poster's thread.

Just another small thing to possibly add to Starl's list! :biggrin:

What about an Excel-Questions FAQ? I can't count how many "multiple criteria count/sum" questions I come across, or how many "delete rows that meet x criteria".

I'm currently writing up a draft of something that could be used in this fashion. Once I get it written up, I'll post it in this thread to get some feedback on if it could be a useful idea. If so, provide feedback on where it can be improved before publishing.

I'm currently writing up a draft of something that could be used in this fashion. Once I get it written up, I'll post it in this thread to get some feedback on if it could be a useful idea. If so, provide feedback on where it can be improved before publishing.

I posted a draft writeup of counting multiple conditions in a new thread here since it applies to more than first-time posters and is likely going to be an entirely different discussion.

Ahhh !!... the power I have over people...LOL !!
Have a safe and happy, Diddi......and dry, well dry weather anyway.
....but Michael M shamed me into ammending my signature and today i saw this post:

Oh thx, michael M and likewise i hope that the growers up your way aren't completely broken by such a bad year after what looked like a beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back