How to insert Time in a range of excel sheet which should not update automatically?

SIARAM

Friends I want to insert time in a range which should not get updated automatically. For example if there is any value in cell no k5 then the current time should automatically be inserted in cell no N5. Similarly if there is any value in k6 then the current time should automatically be inserted in N6, so on.. One more thing I Wish to bring in your kind notice that there is also a formula in entire column K, so If I type any value in any cell left to column K for example- if there is any data in A5 or B5 it will show the calculated value in k5. similarly if there any value in any cell left to k6 then its calculated value will be shown in k6 and so on. I tried to use this formula-
=IF(K5<0,"",IF(K5=0,"",NOW()))
This formula is working but it is auto updating the time with the system's clock. I want it should not update the time. Moreover, i also know that ctrl+shift+; inserts the current time in the selected cell and it does not auto update the time also, but it is useless in the present scenario. You can see the snapshot also- http://i.imgur.com/3JIwORg.png PLEASE HELP ME...THANKS A LOT...

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Friends I want to insert time in a range which should not get updated automatically. For example if there is any value in cell no k5 then the current time should automatically be inserted in cell no N5. Similarly if there is any value in k6 then the current time should automatically be inserted in N6, so on.. One more thing I Wish to bring in your kind notice that there is also a formula in entire column K, so If I type any value in any cell left to column K for example- if there is any data in A5 or B5 it will show the calculated value in k5. similarly if there any value in any cell left to k6 then its calculated value will be shown in k6 and so on. I tried to use this formula-
=IF(K5<0,"",IF(K5=0,"",NOW()))
This formula is working but it is auto updating the time with the system's clock. I want it should not update the time. Moreover, i also know that ctrl+shift+; inserts the current time in the selected cell and it does not auto update the time also, but it is useless in the present scenario. You can see the snapshot also- http://i.imgur.com/3JIwORg.png PLEASE HELP ME...THANKS A LOT...
Hi Siaram, welcome to the boards.

The problem with having NOW() in a formula live in your worksheet is that it will constantly recalculate as time passes / changes are made to the sheet. This can be overcome by using a little VBA if that is an option?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back