How to keep track of the fresh rows in all the columns

Excel_123

Board Regular
Hi there
i am trying to fill out a excel sheet with the help of form. That excel sheet has three columns in it. i want the following things:

1- every time i add a new item into any columns it should start from the next row in that column.

2- If i add some thing in column A, all the information in other columns should start from the same row and then should increment individually in each column accordingly. For example i put item "Storm" in column "A1", now in columns "B" and "C" i have it consiquences and recommendations respectively. Lets suppose i finished adding that information regarding "Storm" in column "B" and "C", say "C10" si the the last cell in C and "B8" is the last cell in B. Now i want to add another item in column "A" taht should stary from "A11" (the fresh row), and now its consequences and recommendations should start from "B11" and "C11" as well. If there are more than one recommendation, the column B should be incremented after ever recommendation, similarly with Column "C",

I would really appreciate your help in that. Thank you very much in advance

Regards

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
On 2002-08-31 08:42, Excel_123 wrote:
Anyone who knows this................i am in big problem.....

Regards
Ram

Just reference your last row as;

Dim rRow As Double
rRow = Range([A65536], [A65536].End(xlUp)).Row + 1

For columns B & C just sub A for B or C

Upvote 0
Hi Ram,

Try using something like this in your code:

Range("A65536").End(xlup).Select

This will start from the bottom of the selected column, A in this case, and work its way up until it finds a cell with data in it.

Test all three columns to determine which is the furthest down in terms of rows used and then use this information to determine which row to start your next entry on.

Hope that helps to get you started.

EDIT: Sorry Ivan - had a quick coffee-break and forgot to click refresh! :wink:

_________________<font color="blue"> «««<font color="red">¤<font color="blue"><font size=+1>Richie</font><font color="red">¤<font color="blue"> »»»</font>

caffeine_sample.gif
</gif>
This message was edited by Richie(UK) on 2002-08-31 09:06

Upvote 0
Hi Ritchie and Ivan
I don't have any code for that sheet. I am just using some counters to keep track of the row. Can i use the piece of code that you recommended on the excel sheet or i have to use it in VBA editor. I trid to use it in vba editor but its giving me "True" or "False" value. So i don't know what to do. secondly that sheet is a template that is added into the workbook through a form when ever a new item is added. Hope that helps you.

Regards
Ram

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back