How to list the numbers identified by AVERAGEIFS and other -IFS functions?

Rnkhch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have several numbers in column A, and I use the AVERAGEIFS function in cell B1 to calculate the average of numbers that are greater than or equal to 70 and less than or equal to 100, which is very easy and works very well. Now, what if I wanted a list generated of all the numbers that met my criteria, say in column C. Is there a way to do that without VBA?

This would of course easily apply to other -IFS functions such as MAXIFS and MINIFS.

Also I make my own "STDEVIFS" function, by using as many required nested IF functions, in the form of an array formula. It would be nice to be able to get the list of these values too.

Thanks much for any input!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi Rnkhch,

Is this what you want?

Rnkhch.xlsx
ABC
1Numbers87.71429List
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1B1=AVERAGEIFS($A$2:$A$12,$A$2:$A$12,">="&70,$A$2:$A$12,"<="&100)
C2:C12C2=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$12,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$2:$A$12)-ROW($A$1)/(($A$2:$A$12>=70)*($A$2:$A$12<=100)),ROW()-ROW($C$1))),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
This is fabulous! Exactly what I needed! Thanks much!

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

If you have 365 you could use
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(A2:A100,(A2:A100>=70)*(A2:A100<=100))

Upvote 0
Thanks Fluff. Just updated some details. My work computer Excel account page shows it is "365 ProPlus Version 1908 (Build 11929.20648 Click-to-Run) Semi-annual channel". I tried your formula, and it gives the "That function isn't valid" error. Perhaps there is some minimum subversion requirement for the Filter function? I'll check my personal laptop Excel version tonight when I get home and see how that one will do.

Upvote 0
That build number is over a year old, so you are obviously not getting the updates.
Might be worth checking with your IT department to find out why.

Upvote 0
The Filter function works very well on my personal laptop. Thanks!

My workplace is so slow implementing software updates.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Thanks. By the way, if I mark your post as solution, will that unmark the other solution? Both are interesting solutions. But I wasn't sure if I could mark more than one post as solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back