how to make a VBN to automatically move a row to the bottom of the screen when conditions are met

Pali12345

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey there!
I am attempting to jazz up some of my inventory tracking sheets and I am struggling to understand how to create a VBN code.
I have a set of data from A1 - G1 that goes down to A1203 - G1203. I would like to format them so that when "Y" is entered into a cell in column G It will turn the row fill to green and move the entire row to the bottom of the table.
I have seen a few threads with similar problems but I am not versed enough in the excel world to convert the formula to work with my specific data.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
(I hope I gave enough info)

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hey there!
I am attempting to jazz up some of my inventory tracking sheets and I am struggling to understand how to create a VBN code.
I have a set of data from A1 - G1 that goes down to A1203 - G1203. I would like to format them so that when "Y" is entered into a cell in column G It will turn the row fill to green and move the entire row to the bottom of the table.
I have seen a few threads with similar problems but I am not versed enough in the excel world to convert the formula to work with my specific data.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
(I hope I gave enough info)
Edit: Just goes to show how much I dont know about excel I meant to write VBA lol

Upvote 0
If your data in an actual "Excel Data Table", or is it just in a data list?
It is important to note the difference, as Excel Data Tables have their own properties and behaviors that data lists do not have.
So your answer to that question will determine how the VBA code needs to be written.

Also, are the "Y"'s being entered into column G being entered manually or by formula?

Upvote 0
If your data in an actual "Excel Data Table", or is it just in a data list?
It is important to note the difference, as Excel Data Tables have their own properties and behaviors that data lists do not have.
So your answer to that question will determine how the VBA code needs to be written.

Also, are the "Y"'s being entered into column G being entered manually or by formula?
Hey I have it formatted as an excel table and we will be manually entering the "Y" into he last column
1698345569111.png

Upvote 0
Take a look here at this post, which shows you how to move a table row to the bottom of a table based on its value:

Coloring the row should be a pretty trivial add-on to that.
You can get the color code you need by turning on your Macro Recorder, and recording yourself manually coloring a row to your preferred color.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back