5. 2010
  6. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi peeps,

im trying to get some data into a userform listbox
i've got a table "dumpstats" on sheet "dump stats":sneaky: with columns A:BF, with headers
and i'm trying to populate the userform listbox1 with some columns from that table.
i can populatie it with all the columns but i need only a few of them like colomn; B, D, BF etc....or with the headernames
Also it can be either column C,A,D...so, not in alphabetic order.

so actualy the question....how to populate the listbox with columns i want to see.

thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Try the following code (change and list the desired column headers where specified)...

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats")

Dim filt As Variant
    filt = Application.Filter(rng, Evaluate("ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(" & rng.Rows(1).Address(external:=True) & ",1,0),{""Header2"",""Header4""},0))")) 'change and list the desired column headers accordingly

If Not IsError(filt) Then
        Me.ListBox1.List = filt
    End If

However, why not simply load your listbox with the entire table, and then hide the desired columns? Here's an example..

VBA Code:
    'load listbox with entire table
    Me.ListBox1.List = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats").Value

'hide columns 2 and 4 by setting the column width to 0
    Me.ListBox1.ColumnWidths = ";0;;0"

And, of course, you can specify the column widths for your other columns. For more details regarding the ColumnWidths property, see the following link...

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
    'load listbox with entire table
    Me.ListBox1.List = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats").Value

'hide columns 2 and 4 by setting the column width to 0
    Me.ListBox1.ColumnWidths = ";0;;0"

with this one i only see 1 column, tried to adjust the ColumnWidths, but that doesnt help

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats")

Dim filt As Variant
    filt = Application.Filter(rng, Evaluate("ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(" & rng.Rows(1).Address(external:=True) & ",1,0),{""Header2"",""Header4""},0))")) 'change and list the desired column headers accordingly

Me.ListBox1.List = filt
    End If

this one doesnt show anything :(, tried to change the "Headernames" ???

sorry, i dont get it 😞😢

Upvote 0
with this one i only see 1 column, tried to adjust the ColumnWidths, but that doesnt help

Let's say that you have 5 columns, and that you want to set the width of Columns 1, 3, and 5 to 50, and you want to hide Columns 2 and 4, you would set the column widths like this...

VBA Code:
Me.ListBox1.ColumnWidths = "50;0;50;0;50"

So as you can see, the first column is set to 50, the second column is set to 0 and hides the column, the third column is set to 50, etc. You would just have to adjust the setting so that it reflects the actual column widths you want, along with the columns you want to hide.

this one doesnt show anything :(, tried to change the "Headernames" ???

Does Range("dumpstats") include the header row?

Upvote 0
got it working now with
VBA Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With ListBox1
    .ColumnCount = 6
    .ColumnWidths = "50;50;50;50;50;50"

End With

LstRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For a = 0 To LstRow - 2
    B = a + 2
    ListBox1.AddItem
    ListBox1.List(a, 0) = Cells(B, 2)    'listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 1) = Cells(B, 8)
    ListBox1.List(a, 2) = Cells(B, 10)
    ListBox1.List(a, 3) = Cells(B, 14)
    ListBox1.List(a, 4) = Cells(B, 15)
    ListBox1.List(a, 5) = Cells(B, 18)

Next a
End Sub

onlything, it works when the "dumpstats" is open.
now i'm trying to get it working in my sheet with all my buttons that opens the userforms
got a button on sheet "gegevens invoer", that opens the userform, but doesnt load the "dumpstats" into the listbox
so, for now im trying to do my best to get it working, i have to define that it has to load the dumpstats into listbox even when im on another sheet.

im new with VBA...ist hard working for me:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Let's say that you have 5 columns, and that you want to set the width of Columns 1, 3, and 5 to 50, and you want to hide Columns 2 and 4, you would set the column widths like this...

VBA Code:
Me.ListBox1.ColumnWidths = "50;0;50;0;50"

So as you can see, the first column is set to 50, the second column is set to 0 and hides the column, the third column is set to 50, etc. You would just have to adjust the setting so that it reflects the actual column widths you want, along with the columns you want to hide.
i found in the listbox propeties i had to set the columns to 5 or 6, just what i need, after that its works

Upvote 0
Does Range("dumpstats") include the header row?

does Range("dumpstats") include the header row?
i mean this ?
Schermafbeelding 2022-11-27 080241.png

Upvote 0
Sorry, you did say that you had a Table. In that case, since the header row is not included in the range defined by its name, try the following code instead...

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range
    With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats")
        Set rng = .Offset(-1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count + 1)
    End With

Dim filt As Variant
    filt = Application.Filter(rng, Evaluate("ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(" & rng.Rows(1).Address(external:=True) & ",1,0),{""Header2"",""Header4""},0))"))

Me.ListBox1.List = filt
    End If

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gkiller

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back