How to remove blank from Excel slicer

m_vishal_c

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hI I do have slicer but it is showing blank like attached file. I searched google and found to select "Hide items with no data" but it my file "D" has not any data so if i select that option "D" is disappeared but that blank is still there

Please guide me . Heaps thanks

Attachments

• blank.PNG
    blank.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 79
  • blank1.PNG
    blank1.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 78

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
A couple of things come to mind.
1: Even though Slicers should be based on live table data or latest refresh of a PivotTable, try doing a Refresh All. This is located on the Data Tab within the Queries & Connections group.
2: The Slicer option for "Hide Items with No Data" is for true null/blank cells, this would be represented as "<blank>" instead of the way it is depicted in your image. Try selecting the blank that you have in your slicer, go to the source data and clear the contents within the cells in the Aged Care Name column. Go back to your slicer, this should be updated to show "<blank>".

Upvote 0
HI thanks for replying, The Aged Care Name column is having vlookup. so if there is data then vlookup shows the value otherwise " " . so basically for " ", data is not there but vlookup formula is there

Upvote 0
Try changing the quote space quote to just quote quote. The " " is giving you a population of that space, which is not a true null/blank.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back