Ajrock

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I’m not very good at VB. I have a problem to record data let me explain about that.

my worksheet is linked to website which will update minute by minute so that every minute data I need to capture in separate column with respect to time. Is this possible to get it done by automation. Please tell me.

Thanks in advance
Ajit

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
The answer is yes, but its non-trivial to do so. Read this post about Scheduling Macros in Excel with Application..OnTime. Then create a macro that is called by the OnTIme function and complete your data acquisition there, at the end to the macro simply do another call to OnTime that will be in 1 minutes time.

HTH

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply.
Actually you didn’t get my point I can make it automated sheet but the thing is older data which is replaced by new data once we refresh that older data can be save in another column with respect to time. I’ll tell you the scenario. Actually it is required for My stock market bcz I do trading.
I’ll pull the data from stock exchange website. The data will be update minute by minute in that website so same it will be replicate in my automated sheet so my requirement is just consider Apple stock which has price 150 @ 9.15, 150.5 @ 9.16 and 150.25 @9.17 ....... so on, these values will be over write on the same cell once it updates. That vanished data that is 150, 150.5 and so on it should be captured in another column wrt time i.e. 9.15 & 9.16 so on, I hope you understand my requirement. Please let me know if you know how to do this.

Thank you so much for your reply and your valuable time.

Thanks in advance
Ajit

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back