How to seperate fields

rki1966

Is there a function or macro that will put each field in a seperate column accross the sheet

A1= vimHOLDINGS_0.Symbol, vimHOLDINGS_0.GroupInvId, vimHOLDINGS_0.Ticker, vimHOLDINGS_0.QuantityShort, vimHOLDINGS_0.QuantityLong, vimHOLDINGS_0.Portfolio, vimHOLDINGS_0.SharesOutstanding, vimHOLDINGS_0.MarketValue, vimHOLDINGS_0.InvType, vimINVESTMENTS_0.InvDesc, vimINVESTMENTS_0.Region, vimINVESTMENTS_0.ExposureSector, vimHOLDINGS_0.Date

I want
B1 = vimHOLDINGS_0.Symbol
C1 = vimHOLDINGS_0.GroupInvId
D1 = vimHOLDINGS_0.Ticker
etc.

The cells do not have the same number for fields, they will have 1- 15 fields

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

pagrender

It looks like your data is comma delimited, so you should be able to use Text to Columns.

Choose data/Text to columns
Choose delimited
Choose comma
Choose finish

Let us know if that works for you.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tigerjet

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...