How to stop Evaluate Formula Range from spitting out the same result for the entire range

johnnyL

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
This whole 'Evaluate' function in VBA is really starting to tick me off.

I currently can't get it to stop spitting out the same first result down the entire range of the U column.

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
3Range FormulaRange FormulaEvaluate Cell FormulasEvaluate Range Formula
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D4:D6D4=IFERROR(IFERROR(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$12,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$1:$A$12)/(RIGHT(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$12,5)="Total"),ROWS($1:1))),"-Total","")),SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$12,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$1:$A$12)/(RIGHT(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$12,5)="Total"),ROWS($1:1))),"-Total","")),"")
S4:S6S4=IF(OFFSET($N$1,ROW()-1,MATCH((S$1*2),$N$1:$R$1,0)-1)=0,SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!$A$7:$A$12=$A4)*(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$12=$D4)*(Sheet2!$I$7:$I$12=S$1*2)*(Sheet2!$L$7:$L$12)),0)

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
82741-Total-631.5
104841-Total-100.25
126941-Total-222.33
Sheet2

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub EvaluateTest()
'
    Dim LastRow         As Long
    Dim MyFormula       As String
    Dim Part1           As String
    Dim WS1             As String
    Dim WS2             As String
'
    WS1 = "Sheet1"
    WS2 = "Sheet2"
'
    LastRow = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Sheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
'
    With Sheets(WS1)
        .Activate
'
        Part1 = "INDEX(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & ",AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$1:$A$" & LastRow & ")/(RIGHT(Sheet2!$C$7:$C$" _
                & LastRow & ",5)=""Total""),ROWS($1:1))),""-Total"","""""
        .Range("D4:D6").Formula = "=IFERROR(IFERROR(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(" & Part1 & ")),SUBSTITUTE(" & Part1 & ")),"""")"              ' Range (D4:D6) formula works
'
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'
        .Range("S4:S6").Formula = "=IF(OFFSET($N$1,ROW()-1,MATCH((S$1*2),$N$1:$R$1,0)-1)=0,SUMPRODUCT(--('Sheet2'!$A$7:$A$" & _
                LastRow & "=$A4)*('Sheet2'!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & "=$D4)*('Sheet2'!$I$7:$I$" & LastRow & _
                "=S$1*2)*('Sheet2'!$L$7:$L$" & LastRow & ")),0)"                                                                    ' Range (S4:S6) formula works
'
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'
        MyFormula = "=IF(INDEX($N$1:$R$" & LastRow & ",ROW(),MATCH((S$1*2),$N$1:$R$1,0)-1)=0,SUMIFS('Sheet2'!$L$7:$L$" & _
                LastRow & ",'Sheet2'!$A$7:$A$" & LastRow & ",$A4,'Sheet2'!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & ",$D4,'Sheet2'!$I$7:$I$" & _
                LastRow & ",S$1*2),0)"
        .Range("T4").Value = Sheets(WS1).Evaluate(MyFormula)                                                                        ' Evaluate for cell (T4) works
'
'
        MyFormula = "=IF(INDEX($N$1:$R$" & LastRow & ",ROW(),MATCH((S$1*2),$N$1:$R$1,0)-1)=0,SUMIFS('Sheet2'!$L$7:$L$" & _
                LastRow & ",'Sheet2'!$A$7:$A$" & LastRow & ",$A5,'Sheet2'!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & ",$D5,'Sheet2'!$I$7:$I$" & _
                LastRow & ",S$1*2),0)"
        .Range("T5").Value = Sheets(WS1).Evaluate(MyFormula)                                                                        ' Evaluate for cell (T5) works
'
'
                LastRow & ",'Sheet2'!$A$7:$A$" & LastRow & ",$A6,'Sheet2'!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & ",$D6,'Sheet2'!$I$7:$I$" & _
                LastRow & ",S$1*2),0)"
        .Range("T6").Value = Sheets(WS1).Evaluate(MyFormula)                                                                        ' Evaluate for cell (T6) works
'
'
                LastRow & ",'Sheet2'!$A$7:$A$" & LastRow & ",$A4,'Sheet2'!$C$7:$C$" & LastRow & ",$D4,'Sheet2'!$I$7:$I$" & _
                LastRow & ",S$1*2),0)"
        .Range("U4:U6").Value = Sheets(WS1).Evaluate(MyFormula)                                                                     ' Evaluate for range (U4:U6) gives same result thru range ???
    End With
End Sub

Can anyone assist how to 'fix' the U column?

Another thing I noticed while trying to use the 'Evaluate' function in this example ... If the active cell in the active sheet is below 'LastRow' then the Evaluate formula(s) result in '#REF!' error. WTF?

Anyone care to respond?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
My eyes are bleeding from googling a solution to this. Everything I have tried hasn't worked. :(

I was hoping to find a solution to this for two different reasons.
1) It is ticking me off, not knowing how to fix it.
2) I was hoping to do some time testing vs alternative methods.

Upvote 0
I just registered @ stackoverflow , the link to the same question is here

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back