How to sum datas in various sheets in the same column?

franlem2

Hi,

It's quite complicated for me to explain. I have various sheets. In the same column I have in the cell the name (to make it simple let's say a or b, but there are about 15 different criterias, each sheet has dozens of value in each sheet) and in the cells below the values. I want to sum, everything that has the criteria a and everything thathas the criteria b, in an independent sheet. Please find enclosed an image below that shows what I want to do, taking into account that the same column in all thwese different sheets can have various values (for example in sheet1 I put 22 but it could be 22, below, 33, below , 123 etc..). In the example I obtain 22+487 = 509 for a and 12 + 789 = 801. How could I do it automatically? Any formula? I thought about index and sum.if but it not applyable (even with a CSE formula? ) It must be exactly this structure, it's not possible to put everything in column. Thanks for your help.
6964670981_b6645ee81a_b.jpg

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Thank you but I still googled it before and don't find in the page the way to make the sum if indicated in my question. It's not a simple sum it's a sum if, but thanks however, you were the only one to answer me.

Upvote 0
For a small number of sheets this would work, but it's probably too cumbersome for a large number of sheets. This assumes you have 4 sheets:

=IF(A3=Sheet1!D2,SUM(Sheet1!D2:D49),0)+IF(A3=Sheet2!D2,SUM(Sheet2!D2:D49),0)+IF(A3=Sheet3!D2,SUM(Sheet3!D2:D49),0)+IF(A3=Sheet4!D2,SUM(Sheet4!D2:D49),0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back