How to Sync Data in MySQL

jqfranco

Good morning, I apologize for the text being a little long, but I need to explain what situation I am in right now in Excel.
I started 2 years ago to develop a table to control some worker data. In the meantime, it has evolved into a file that manages all the company's human resources, creating contracts, financial statements, issuing receipts, etc. etc.

The file is located on Onedrive for everyone in the company to access, however early on I realized that only 1 person could handle the file. Thus, when entering the file, another identical file is created, which is only used for consultation and not for changing data.
At this moment, I need to redo the entire file so that MySQL can be used, increasing data security, speed (despite the tables having only 3000 rows with 80 columns) and mainly because “someone told me” that MySQL automatically managed this question of the different accesses of different people to the database and the synchronization of the recording of the data.
Thus, each person had an equal Excel file on their computers and everyone accessed an online database.
From what I've researched, it's not quite like that.
In other words, it seems to me that several people can access it, “but” the management of the data, when being recorded, has to be controlled by VBA code, in which it only records the data that was actually changed, having to make a comparison of the data when if you pulled the data from the database and when you are going to record. Field to field.
Innocently, I thought that all this synchronization management would be something that MySQL handled itself.

Can someone explain to me a little, how this synchronization is done?

Does anyone know of an online course for those who program VBA and want to know how to write to MySQL and these security and synchronization issues?

Thanks for the Help

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back