How to use Power Query to have one consolidated file with multiple sheets from multiple files with multiple sheets

questforexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Fairly new to Power Query. I am learning my way through it.

I have 10 different file each of which has 6 different tabs.

I would like my main combined file to have 6 sheets, which are a consolidation of each of the 6 tabs across the 10 different files.

How do I do that on Power Query?

Till now I have only found videos of people combining multiple sheets into the one main sheet on the consolidation file. Or having only one sheet on the invidividual workbook.

My workbooks are binary enabled.

When I tried to insert a "Excel.workbook([content]) under insert custom column header it gave me an error. Not sure why that was.

Would appreciate your guidance and help.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You should have a try with TableMerge on messy,complex spreadsheets.PowerQuery can not handle complex spreadsheets.

www.tablemerge.com

Extract,Consolidate,Combine hundreds of sample or complex spreadsheets
in one minute without coding!​

Automatically Consolidate/Merge/Extract Complex headers,Inconsistent table structure,Non-fixed table position, Different header names, Multi-level header rows,Merged headers,Key-value form tables spreadsheets and workbooks by Zero-coding.

1. Merge, Consolidate thousands of Excel sheets even with non-fixed table position, different header names, multi-level headers,merged headers​

unstructured spreadsheet

img_headernames.png

2. Combine, Extract inconsistent headers,multiple headers,one sheet with multiple workbooks into one sheet​

3. Extract 1000+ workbook of key-value cell on form table, along with multiple rows of table records at the same time, output into one data table​

img_unpivot.png

form,report pdf extract

4. Unpivot complex reports and multi-dimensional pivot table data, with indentation header styles, multi-level headers, and merged cells​

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back