Hyperlink formula to row after last used row in table

sspatriots

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Trying to combine two first two formulas below makes my Hyperlink to another table's next available row results in the error message "Reference isn't valid".

The formula below is in cell N1 of another worksheet and provides the row number of the next available row in the table I'm trying to link to:
Excel Formula:
MATCH(LOOKUP(2,1/(G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]]<>""),G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]]), G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]], 0)+1

The hyperlink formula below references cell "N1" for the row number to take the user to the next available blank row in a table on another worksheet.
Excel Formula:
=HYPERLINK("#" & "OFFSET(G2JobList[[#Headers],[Job Name]],N1,0)","Go to 'Job List'")

All of the above works for the hyperlink when used separately, however, I would like to have everything in one formula. Therefore, I substituted 'N1' in the second formula with the first formula. After I combine them, I get the error message 'Reference isn't valid'. Just wondering if there is something else I should have done to combine these two formulas to make them work like they do when they are two separate formulas.
Excel Formula:
=HYPERLINK("#" & "OFFSET(G2JobList[[#Headers],[Job Name]],MATCH(LOOKUP(2,1/(G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]]<>""),G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]]), G2JobList[[#Data],[Job Name]], 0)+1,0)","Go to 'Job List'")

Thanks, SS

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
In case anyone in need finds use of this, below is the formula I ended up with. Seems to work well:

Excel Formula:
=HYPERLINK("#" & CELL("address", OFFSET(XLOOKUP(LOOKUP(2,1/(Job_Name<>""),Job_Name), Job_Name, Job_Name,,0,-1), 1, 0)), "Go to 'Job List'")

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana abanyin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back