Hyperlink from the table, not a form

Trav

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in the data table itself? I want it based on user input, so I'll be using a form for the data entry. But, I want them to be able to open the table, and click on a cell to open the link.

I understand how to do it within a form, but I can't get the hyperlink to transfer over to the table.

Please help.

Thanx

Travis

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Why don't just use the Hyperlink field type?

Upvote 0
Right, If I directly enter the address into the hyperlinked field, everything works great. However, the user I'm building this for is computer challenged. I didn't want her to have to put in the whole address for the file when she's inputting data into the form.

What I've done is create a locked, hyperlinked field in the form named "Linked". The user enters data into the "Name" field. On Exit for the "Name" field, I coded it to populate the "Linked" field with "C:\" & [Name] & ".doc". I thought this would be the same as me typing it in directly as mentioned above. All this does, though, is populate the "Linked" field with the text. It looks to be a hyperlink (the cursor even changes to a pointy finger when you scroll over it), but the address is blank.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanx,

Travis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back