Hyperlinks not working

tenspeed2

Board Regular
I have four separate hyperlinks in excel A1-A4. Each hyperlink goes to a separate web page. I am using a macro to automate the four
hyperlinks. I am using the record mode. When I run the macro all I get is the last hyperlink. When I look at the macro I see that
the macro is pointing to each hyperlink. Why am I only getting the last hyperlink? I should see the results of each hyperlink.
Thanks for any help with this as I am lost.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I just entered 4 web addresses into cells and followed the same steps, each one opened in a separate tab.

Have you tried clicking the back button in the browser to see if it has opened them all sequentially in the same tab?

Upvote 0
I have four separate hyperlinks in excel A1-A4. Each hyperlink goes to a separate web page. I am using a macro to automate the four
hyperlinks. I am using the record mode. When I run the macro all I get is the last hyperlink. When I look at the macro I see that
the macro is pointing to each hyperlink. Why am I only getting the last hyperlink? I should see the results of each hyperlink.
Thanks for any help with this as I am lost.
Hi Thanks for the reply. I tried the back button. The macro is pointing to separate Hyperlinks. Example A2,A3,A4. The problem
is when I run the macro it does not SEE the hyperlinks in A2, A3, it only sees A4. About a year ago I did what I thought was the
same type of macro and it worked. Could it be something I am doing to form the hyperlinks? If I just look at the hyperlinks I see
each one is pointing to a separated web page. I am using =hyperlink(A2) =hyperlink(A3) All the hyperlinks are active. I think it
is something I am doing.

Upvote 0
Please post your code (macro) in full, =hyperlink(a2) etc, are worksheet formula syntax not vba syntax so they are unlikely to work.

Upvote 0
Hi I found the problem. Problem solved. Thanks for the help
What turned out being the issue?
Could you post the solution here, so if others encounter the same problem and come across this thread, they can see what the solution is?

Upvote 0
What turned out being the issue?
Could you post the solution here, so if others encounter the same problem and come across this thread, they can see what the solution is?
I found for some reason that if I typed in the hyperlink it would work. I tried to find out why but no luck
I think it was when I used the record macro to set up the link to the page is where the problem is.
I was trying to set up the macro so it would go the the socon web page and copy the eight teams into
excel. From there I could give each player an efficency rating so I could predict the winner of each game.
Just a fun thing for me to do. LOL

Upvote 0
I found for some reason that if I typed in the hyperlink it would work. I tried to find out why but no luck
I think it was when I used the record macro to set up the link to the page is where the problem is.
I was trying to set up the macro so it would go the the socon web page and copy the eight teams into
excel. From there I could give each player an efficency rating so I could predict the winner of each game.
Just a fun thing for me to do. LOL

Upvote 0
please close the post. Thanks
We don't do that on this board.
You can make your post as the solution if you like, but the posts are never really closed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back