Vlookup with hyperlink not working when source file is closed

Patricya

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm creating in inventory file for the products we'll receive each year. In this file a lot of information has to be available (supplier, product #, lot #, has the package insert been verified....). To make the process easier, I created a data base file that contain these informations and in the inventory file I use Vlookup formula to populate the inventory but I have a problem with one formula for a hyperlink. Since the package insert for the product has to be retreived from the web site of the supplier, I use the following formula =hyperlink(iferror(vlookup($B273;'W:\DSMC\6.0 Laboratoires\1-Régional (tronc commun)\G6 – Ressources matérielles\Base de données\[Catalogue 2023.xlsx]sheet1'!$A:$E;5;FAUX);"")). The formula is "working" the web site address appears but when I click on it the web page does not open unless the data base file is open. Does any one have a solution?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
You would be much better querying the detail required in from the Catalogue file using Power Query and then referencing it within your workbook to avoid the workbook having external links which can be unreliable and require updating.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back