Hyperlink with Vlookup to New worksheet in same workbook "Cannot open Specified File"

epohlabel

Hello!

I have a workbook "Consolodate.xlsx". It has a worksheet of accoutn information, a worksheet of Contacts, a worksheet of associated Email information and an Overview worksheet. I want to be able to hyperlink from the Overview worksheet to the Account worksheet based on a lookup to the correct account.

The formula I am using is
Code:
=HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(B2,Account!A:B,2,FALSE),"Account Link")
Where B@ is a the account ID on the Overview sheet, Account!A:B is the Array with the Account ID in column A. I would think this would feed the cell in column B on the Account sheet where the associated AccountID is found in Column A into the location portion of the hyperlink formula. I get no syntax errors when creating hte formula - but when I click the link I get the "Cannot open specified file" error.

I have checked that the Hyperlink Base field in the file properties is blank.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I have a 2nd part of this. The "Email" worksheet actually might contain multiple rows that match to a single row in the Account worksheet. I would like to include multiple columns in the Account worksheet "Email 1", Email 2" etc. Can I modify the hyperlink code above such that I can specify to Match only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc row found?

Upvote 0
Try this:

Code:
=HYPERLINK("#Account!B"&MATCH(B2,Account!A:A,0),"Account Link")

I have a similar issue, but a little more involved. I have one worksheet that I use as a lookup (HFRD!$B$2:$J$114) to return the result from column 9, which is a link to another worksheet in the workbook. When I use the below code, I get the link with the same result as above " Cannot open the specified file." I am not having much luck with the MATCH command. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

=IFERROR(HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(C2,HFRD!$B$2:$J$114,9,FALSE)),"")

Upvote 0
What is being returned? Just the cell name or the sheet and the cell?

It should be the format: '#SheetName!A1'

The # at the beginning may need to be added to the formula.

Code:
=IFERROR(HYPERLINK([COLOR=#FF0000]"#"[/COLOR]&VLOOKUP(C2,HFRD!$B$2:$J$114,9,FALSE)),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your quick reply. The cell I am attempting to lookup is just a static cell with a link to another sheet in the workbook. I am hoping to just import or reference that same cell content, which would then link to the desired sheet. The lookup sheet (HFRD) has numerous entries, and I used to just do a find on that sheet to look for the desired information, but I can only do one at a time. I created this second sheet to be able to paste in a list of desired lookups, and to pull the related info from the lookup sheet. Everything works well, except for the cell with the link. I was not familiar with the "#" you are referring to, but I now understand it to be a shortcut for the workbook name; however, I am getting "Reference isn't valid." I also played with the single ' because my sheet names have spaces, as well as changing the spaces to _, with negative results. Thanks again for your input.

Upvote 0
Try this:

Code:
=HYPERLINK("#Account!B"&MATCH(B2,Account!A:A,0),"Account Link")
I have a similar issue, I see the Hyperlink cell but it will not work.
=HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(P2&"|"&F5&"|"&G5&"|"&H5,HYPER!E2:F7,2,FALSE))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCOACW

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back