I can't get the VBA codes for data search to work.

Aretradeser

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I can't get the VBA codes for data search to work.
In an Excel workbook, I use a UserForm to perform data searches in a sheet of the same; but the codes that I use to perform these searches always give me an error. I don't know what the problem is. I would like you to help me. I upload the example workbook.
Thank you.
Example_CE

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi,
I have only found time to have a quick play with one of your codes & seemed to return results to listbox ok

VBA Code:
Sub campos()
    'filtra por campos
    Dim sh(1 To 2)      As Worksheet
    Dim FilterRange     As Range
    Dim FilterCount     As Long

With ThisWorkbook
        Set sh(1) = .Worksheets("BDATOS")
        sh(1).Unprotect ("123")

Set sh(2) = .Worksheets("CONSULTAS")
    End With

With sh(2)
        .Unprotect ("123")
        .Cells.Clear
    End With

With sh(1)
        .AutoFilterMode = False
        With .UsedRange
            .Cells(1, 1).AutoFilter
            If Me.CheckBox2 Then .AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox1 'Country
            If Me.CheckBox3 Then .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox2 'Destination
            If Me.CheckBox4 Then .AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox3 'Name
        End With

Set FilterRange = .AutoFilter.Range

End With

FilterCount = FilterRange.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count - 1

If FilterCount > 0 Then

FilterRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy sh(2).Range("A1")

sh(2).UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit

With Me.ListBox1
            .ColumnCount = FilterRange.Columns.Count
            .RowSource = sh(2).Name & "!" & _
                         sh(2).UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(sh(2).UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1).Address
        End With
    End If

FilterRange.AutoFilter
    Set FilterRange = Nothing

End Sub

I have only looked at the filter part of code & removed anything else you were doing.
If update works for you then will need to adapt idea across your project

Dave

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi,
I have only found time to have a quick play with one of your codes & seemed to return results to listbox ok

VBA Code:
Sub campos()
    'filtra por campos
    Dim sh(1 To 2)      As Worksheet
    Dim FilterRange     As Range
    Dim FilterCount     As Long

With ThisWorkbook
        Set sh(1) = .Worksheets("BDATOS")
        sh(1).Unprotect ("123")

Set sh(2) = .Worksheets("CONSULTAS")
    End With

With sh(2)
        .Unprotect ("123")
        .Cells.Clear
    End With

With sh(1)
        .AutoFilterMode = False
        With .UsedRange
            .Cells(1, 1).AutoFilter
            If Me.CheckBox2 Then .AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox1 'Country
            If Me.CheckBox3 Then .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox2 'Destination
            If Me.CheckBox4 Then .AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=Me.ComboBox3 'Name
        End With

Set FilterRange = .AutoFilter.Range

End With

FilterCount = FilterRange.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count - 1

If FilterCount > 0 Then

FilterRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy sh(2).Range("A1")

sh(2).UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit

With Me.ListBox1
            .ColumnCount = FilterRange.Columns.Count
            .RowSource = sh(2).Name & "!" & _
                         sh(2).UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(sh(2).UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1).Address
        End With
    End If

FilterRange.AutoFilter
    Set FilterRange = Nothing

End Sub

I have only looked at the filter part of code & removed anything else you were doing.
If update works for you then will need to adapt idea across your project

Dave
Dave, regarding the modification of the VBA code (fields) you have made, I have to say that the search result is displayed in the ListBox; but only if the search option By country of destination is chosen independently. It does not work if it is chosen together with the other two fields: By destination city and By name, which are dependent.
It wouldn't matter if the "By name" field was not dependent; but I need the "destination city" field to be dependent on the "country of destination" field. Otherwise, I would have to search for each of these fields individually.

Upvote 0
Dave, regarding the modification of the VBA code (fields) you have made, I have to say that the search result is displayed in the ListBox; but only if the search option By country of destination is chosen independently. It does not work if it is chosen together with the other two fields: By destination city and By name, which are dependent.
It wouldn't matter if the "By name" field was not dependent; but I need the "destination city" field to be dependent on the "country of destination" field. Otherwise, I would have to search for each of these fields individually.
This is now solved, there was a mistake in the choice of columns. And I have also removed the dependency on the ComboBox3.
Now I'm going to try to adapt the rest of the code corresponding to: "Search by date" and "Search by any data".

Upvote 0
This is now solved, there was a mistake in the choice of columns. And I have also removed the dependency on the ComboBox3.
Now I'm going to try to adapt the rest of the code corresponding to: "Search by date" and "Search by any data".

Hi,
glad suggestion goes in right direction & gives you something to progress your project. Appreciate the feedback

Dave

Upvote 0
Hola,
la sugerencia alegre va en la dirección correcta y le da algo para progresar en su proyecto. Agradezco los comentarios

dave
Thank you, Dave, for your kind reply. I take it that the issue raised has been resolved.
It's a pleasure to have people like you, always willing to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back