Subscript out of range vba error 9 excel, but it works on other laptops

AntuanKriaki

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone, this is my first post in this community, I have this very weird problem regarding on the Macros files with excel, basically, there is a file using Macros working on my laptop, but I can't make it work on other laptops, those other laptops have the same office version, and even the same systems and config on each one of them, when I try to add or edit anything it gives this error: (subscript out of range, error 9), I will include a photo who the VBA looks in each laptop where this file doesn't work, if you have anything to add please let me know, because I already searched for this too many times now,

Thanks,
MicrosoftTeams-image.png

True. My point was simply about some unusual logic in the code that I thought you might be interested in knowing about.

You did say ..

.. so I let you know.
Ok, thanks,

but do you have any idea why it could be like that ? like the questions marks and so on ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
but do you have any idea why it could be like that ? like the questions marks and so on ?
Not really, only what I said before .. (which is just a guess)
I don't know, but presumably because of the different language/regional settings on each machine.
.. however, I did notice that you said all machines were the same.
those other laptops have the same office version, and even the same systems and config on each one of them,

Upvote 0
FINALLLLLLYYYYYY, F Microsoft and their Dumb systems, Turns out based on what your Region in administrative settings, that region (language) will be used when displaying text in programs that do not support Unicode, and VBA doesn't support that, just changed to the region, and booooommmmm it worked,

Thanks everyone for responding on this post, and I hope if you had this kind of issue one day, this post will be helpful for your to solve the problem if you had the same issue, HAVE A GOOD DAY))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back