Identify Calling application

Andris

I have an external application that offers the possibility to export files to excel at which time excel opens (is called) and data is written into a new sheet.

The user is then to save this sheet for further processing in again a multitude of reports and stuff.

Since the date and decimal format is quite bizarre, I want to identify in the _open event what the calling application is (in this case the external application) and change some settings so that dates etc are in the user's default format.

Can I - how do I identify the application that is calling excel ? (this is the opposite of calling another application from excel, which I know how to do).

The exporter is set up in such a strange way that changing the formats /after/ all data is loaded (so not with the _Open even but later) is no option.
Currently 1425 might be 0,1425 or 1,425 or 14,25 or 142,5 or 1425 alltogether, the settings need to be changed /before/ the first record is exported.

Needless to say, I have no means of changing the external calling application.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back